Monday, June 20, 2011

If you don't know who I am, don't fb poke me.

I think you all know what I am talking about.  There are always those few people who don't make any effort to talk to you (most likely because you're just acquaintances) but still poke you ALL the time.  A poke is not a form of communication.

I have found something worse.  BBM stalkers.  BlackBerry Messenger.  I am all for telling people what's going on in my life.  Hell, I even made a BLOG in order to update everyone on how Diva I am.

But there are a few people who will message me just to update me on their daily activities.  This includes just how they are feeling at that moment, just to say 'hi' but not wanting an actual conversation, or even to tell me what they are currently doing which is why they can't chat.  Despite having proven otherwise in the majority of my posts, I have difficulty keeping tactful relations with people.  This means, I don't even know how to properly respond back to some of these messages because I really and honestly don't care.

A realistic representation for said people.  Also -- they forgot the apostrophe.  Probably because they were too busy updating their blackberry crackberry.


But it gets worse than this.  Because sometimes when I don't respond, they do this 'PING'.  That makes my phone beep louder.  No I promise you, I read that you're feeling happy, but can't talk because you are currently cleaning..  And hence why I didn't respond.  Furthermore, what did you want me to respond with?  I got your message.  I don't know what you want me to say.

It's almost as if ever since getting a blackberry people have decided they no longer need to use their facebook feed -- they can just BBM it to me.

I haven't even figured out if these people want sympathy from me for whatever it is they are doing and/or feeling, or if they want me to respond with what I am currently doing and/or feeling.  Neither of which I am willing to do.  (I once tried to respond with 'I'm pissing', and said person told me that wasn't a very lady-like thing to say...)

I also don't mean to be rude here, but, unless I am receiving some type of loving from you, such as a boyfriend, I don't put up with this.  To clarify, I mean REALLY GOOD loving.  None of this mediocre stuff.  Being available to read your every thought and feeling is not worth a friendship to me.  And I am not even fully sure I would put up with this from a boyfriend.  I would dump you.

I am however available in case you actually want to chat, something major has happened in your life and you want to share it with me, or you're bleeding to death and need assistance.  You probably shouldn't call me for the last, but, I would actually respond.  I'd also PING you to make sure you're still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment