Friday, June 24, 2011

Spring Cleaning.

So, it's not spring, I know..  But I decided to do some spring cleaning.  I have just finished my courses in the Academy, and now I have papers galore that I don't need.  This sparked greater ideas, such as, where to put all of the millions of boxes of creams, markers, crayons, and pharmaceuticals which come in boxes that all look the same with names I don't know if I could read in English let alone Spanish.

Aside from my sudden urge to organise all of last year in anticipation of the next two summer months, I have discovered I am a hoarder.  There was no nice way to transition into that statement.  I am a hoarder.  I own things (I think they're mine, I am not particularly sure) that are of no use and will never be of any use to me, and I somehow find ways to tuck them into drawers and boxes.  Or the forever useful 'if I stack it nicely, it looks organised' tactic.

Why would I ever need three bags of Norwegian sweets?  Or a big red and pink candy cane?  Or expired train tickets that no one is ever going to reimburse me for?  Or cardboard jewellery boxes that are too small to fit anything and I will never use to give gifts because I am too cheap to give out jewellery.  Another good question might be how did I come across 28 ikea pencils?  And what are they doing in a mug from mallorca..?  Do I know anyone in Mallorca?  I haven't been.

Cleaning my room is not just about reorganising myself any more.. It's an adventure.  Every time I pick up something that I can't remember ever buying or having or think I will never use.. I spend about 10 minutes trying to remember/invent a cool story on how it came to be.

All of those people who say they're doing spring cleaning and they just dust and throw out a few old papers, you're amateurs.  Clearly you lack my ability to find/keep things that you don't remember later you have (not that it matters because you don't need any of these things either).  And by ability, I mean talent.

Also, That was only making it through my desk.  I haven't even touched my book shelves.

Also, by hoarder I meant diva.

No comments:

Post a Comment