Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Relationships.

There are things in this world I find less scary than the idea of a (clingy) relationship.  These include, but are not exclusive to, the rapture, the end of the world, and being hit by a bus.


I have to admit that sometimes, living in Spain where the women seem to exclusively want boyfriends with whom to be around twenty-four hours a day, has been a little difficult.  You should see some of the reactions I get when I say 'no I am really not looking for a boyfriend at the moment.'  It's comparable to a reaction one might expect when delivering bad news like 'I've got cancer'.

Moreso -- people are relatively shocked by my idea of long distance relationships.  Clearly they have not really worked out for me how I thought they would, just ask Norway, but the idea behind them I still believe in.  (You have your life, I have my life, and at the end of the day we have each other to confide in.  Perfect idea no??)

Clearly, my philosophy on life (or in this case romance) is very different from the masses. But this is why relationships don't work out for me:
1) Why you gotta be calling me all day every day?  I adore you, surely, but maybe not that much.
2) If I am your ONLY ambition, I won't be flattered, I will feel smothered.
3) If you didn't have guy friends, I would be concerned.  Please go out with your guy friends.  I'll go out with my guy friends ... yes.

I feel this should be everyone's philosophy.  Apparently I am alone on this thinking.  And also single.  I think that was more or less a given.


Relationships -- you're doing it wrong.

Surely I can't be that alone on this one.. can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment